My amazing readers :)

Thursday, September 10, 2015

I'm so emotional tonight..

I need to start living my life for God. Not for me.. I need to put him first in everything I do. I want to be closer to him. I don't want to just come to him when i'm in need of help but I want to be there to tell him how my day was or something exciting that happened. I've gotten in the habit of not even saying thanks or praying some nights. That seems so selfish of me... As of yesterday I really just thought about it and I want my relationship with God to be my main priority. I'm so tired of feeling like I have no friends or no one I can come to when I have someone who has always been there for me .. Pouring out their unconditional love to me.. Waiting for me to give them a chance.

I haven't been living my life for God. I've been so selfish and worried about me. Worried about what others think.. being caught up in liking guys and getting so hurt and dragged down..

What I need is His light to shine on me because He knows best.. I just have to let him into my life. I can't keep shutting Him out. He welcomes me with open arms and at times I'm just so self-centered that I forget to talk to him or say thanks.

This last year has not been easy.. I've sometimes questioned why God would let things happen.. Why did He have to do it.. Why now.. Why to me..? I just didn't understand it. At all.. I was angry and didn't know what to say or think... But after awhile I realized that I had forgotten something.. That God will NEVER put you through something you can't handle.. It may be tough..but the challenges we face here on earth cannot compare to the glory of Heaven.. The life we live here on earth.. It's temporary so that's why it's important you live for God.

A goal of mine for this year...?

Be a witness to someone..

I want to tell them about the never-ending love God has for them. How much he loves them and cares for them.. How He stands their willingly with open arms.. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this was beautiful, thank you for sharing it! Many times we forget to "live by faith and not by sight" and we let our terrestrial circumstances get in the way or affect out relationship with God. But you have already realized this and that's one of the most important things. I think it happens to all of us believers sometimes...but God is always,always there to love us and teach us His way. God bless you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment.. It means a GREAT deal to me.. and thank you for listening/reading.. Was just something I had to get off my mind !

      Delete